Popular Posts

Thursday, January 20, 2022

Thank You For The Prayers

Thank you for the prayers, messages, and gifts from Family and Friends, my Mom’s Prayer Train Network, and Grace Lutheran Church. I have felt like God is with me here. Thank you all.

It’s true you often don’t know what you have until it’s gone. 


I thought I was in excellent health. I had annual physicals. Doc said things looked great. In November, I was doing hill sprints, using olympic rings almost daily, and doing pushups with my kids on my back. 


Things can change pretty quickly. 


  • 12/15/2021

    • I went for a run and could tell something was wrong with my balance. I had my first chiropractic appointment that week. Fast forward four weeks, my balance is terrible, walking is challenging, and I’m having neurological issues with my legs. 


  • 1/11/2022

    • I have an MRI in Spring Hill, FL. At the end of the appointment, the technician said that I need to ‘go to the ER’. There’s a mass around my T5 thoracic bone. I go to ER in Brooksville, FL. ER doc tries to get me transferred to a neurological hospital in Tampa or Gainesville. Both full. Can’t transfer. 


  • 1/12/2022

    • Arrive at ER in Gainesville.   CT scans, imaging, and further tests reveal I have a tumor in my spine that is putting pressure on my spinal cord. Initial tests ruled out hemangioma. Biopsy showed tumor to be cancerous bone tumor chondrosarcoma.

  • 1/20/2022
    • First surgery of embolization went well. This process slows bleeding of the region for the longer surgery tomorrow. T5 and tumor will be removed, and the adjacent vertebrae will be fused.

This experience has reminded/taught me:

> Every day is a gift.

> There are Angels among us.

> Life is so precious.

> Hug and appreciate your loved ones.

> We need to listen to and take care of our bodies.

> Move your body:

> Walk, Skip, Jump, Swim, Dance, Love. 


I must say a special word of thanks to my wonderful wife. You have been amazing and strong, and I am so lucky to have you. 

It will be challenging road ahead, but there is so much to be thankful for. 

Thank you for all the love and prayers.



9 comments:

  1. My prayers for healing and recovery are with you Zach.
    Love and hugs to you, Duen, Aleah and Alexander.
    Kris Pulford

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been holding you, Duen, Aleah and Alexander up in our prayers...and also your parents...our special friends! You are in a battle, Zach, and we are with you every step of the way! This is big, but God is bigger! We are praying BIG for successful surgery and complete healing and recovery! God's strength and peace be with you all! God's love and ours! Galen and Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds challenging, but I know you. Zach you will prevail, even with a difficult road ahead. God is Good..Your family is in my prayers.❤️❤️❤️Weenie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our thoughts and prayers have been with you– Zach and your family, ever since we heard your news. We are praying for a positive outcome and God's hand for healing and complete recovery for you. Sending love and prayers your way! 🙏❤️🙏 May God's strength and peace be with you all. God Bless, Todd & Barb Sjoberg

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are all praying for you Zach! From SD to CA! God will be watching over you! Hugs and kisses❣️💕❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending many heartfelt prayers to you Zach for complete healing and that you feel God's presence with you every step of the way. Also praying for your family! Dave and Pam Johnstone and family

    ReplyDelete
  7. My continued prayers for a successful surgery, healing and recovery for you Zach. Like Mary said; this is big but God is BIGGER and He is with you every step of the way.
    Love to you, Duen, Aleah and Alexander. Kathy Menze

    ReplyDelete
  8. Zach,
    We have praying for a successful surgery and recovery. We have included your medical team and family as well. May God give you peace and strength to get through the coming days. Lydia and Dave

    ReplyDelete
  9. My dear Friend Zach, I will pray for you quick recovery! I miss you and I want you to stay well! You're an optimistic and tough guy! You will be fine! Blessing to you and the family!

    ReplyDelete